“A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just.”
– POPE FRANCIS
Grades 4 and 5 students in Stephanie Giliberto’s class at St. John XXIII CES in Markham made New Year’s Resolutions for the Year of Mercy, as proclaimed by Pope Francis. The Year of Mercy began December 8, 2015.
Students made many resolutions related to being kinder, more welcoming, and respectful to their friends and classmates. Below are some of the students’ resolutions.
- I pledge to show mercy by always helping people with their needs.
- I pledge to show mercy by being respectful
- I pledge to show mercy by being more understanding and patient with others
- I pledge to show mercy by being friendly
- I pledge to show mercy by accepting other peoples’ differences