On Wednesday, June 29th, the Board of Trustees approved a compliant budget of $660.9 million.
The Board of Trustees of the York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB) would like to thank its many stakeholders for their recent participation, which contributed invaluable input and feedback in assisting the Board with the Budget Development Process.
The Board’s Multi-Year Strategic Plan identifies four commitments to our stakeholders. They include: the Integration of Catholic Faith, the Continuous Improvement of Student Achievement, the Effective Use of Our Resources and Engaging Our Communities. Faced with increasing financial restraints, these commitments continue to guide the Board’s decision-making on new investments and cost reductions.
To achieve a compliant budget, the Board of Trustees approved $4.4 million in cost reductions as well as $0.63 million in new investments during the 2016-2017 budget deliberations.
The Board is committed to working with the Ministry of Education to develop a successful Multi-Year Recovery Plan that will balance fiscal responsibility and student achievement to avoid impact in our classrooms.
The following is a summary of the decisions regarding areas for new investments and cost reductions.
Areas for New Investments (2016-2017)
Areas for Cost Reductions (2016-2017)
Budget Consultation Supplemental Materials
- Budget Development Process Handout
- Overview of 2016-2017 Budget Development – February 29, 2016
- Other Operating Expenditures – May 10, 2016
- Curriculum Department Preliminary Budget Presentation – February 29, 2016
- Environmental and Office Services Overview – February 29, 2016
- Facilities, Maintenance and Renewal Preliminary Budget Information – February 29, 2016
- Information Technology Programs and Services Budget Presentation – February 29, 2016
- Special Education Programs and Services Budget Presentation – February 29, 2016
- Student Transportation Services Budget Projections – February 29, 2016