The YCDSB's Equity Office identifies inequities and develops system-wide strategies to bring about equity, justice and harmony in a Christ-centered learning and working environment.
Through the equity consultant, the Equity Office provides the following:
- Input into Board policies, procedures and objectives related to equity
- Annual objectives and plans related to equity
- Support and advice to staff on implementation strategies
- Resources and support materials to all educational partners
- Partnership with instructional services
- Written and oral communication for schools and employee groups
- Staff development in the form of workshops, presentations
- Classroom programs on discrimination, harassment, bullying and creating an inclusive and respectful environment
- Liaison with community groups and membership in associations
- Becoming Agents of Change: secondary student leadership training
- Make a Difference: Create a World Without Discrimination - intermediate student leadership
- Celebrating Diversity Through Literacy – junior student conference
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
top of page ^