Parent representatives who serve on this committee qualify if their child/children are enrolled in Catholic schools which are part of the YCDSB, are Catholic school ratepayers, and have served as a member of a local Catholic School Council.
Individuals interested in serving on YCPIC are asked to complete an application form and may apply for a one, two, or three-year term.
Application form will be posted in the spring.
- To support and enhance the Catholic dimension in school communities;
- To assist parents in supporting student achievement;
- To promote parent involvement at the YCDSB and school communities;
- To identify issues related to parental and community involvement.
- Identify issues related to parent and community involvement for discussion and the sharing of best practices;
- Support the professional development of local Catholic School Councils;
- To share strategies for parent engagement/involvement and best practices.
- Discuss and respond to issues referred to Committee;
- Make recommendations to the Board through Committee structure;
- Act as one of the focus groups in Policy review and development.
5 to 6 meetings per year.