When are Board meetings held?
The York Catholic District School Board welcomes members of the community to our public regular Board Meetings, held on designated Tuesdays of each month at 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. (see agenda to confirm), in the board room of the Catholic Education Centre. View meeting dates.
How can I obtain a copy of a meeting agenda?
How can I obtain the minutes of a Board meeting?
The minutes of each Regular Board Meeting are approved at the following month’s Regular Board Meeting. View the approved minutes and Board Meeting Highlights
In addition, The Catholic Monitor, the Board’s newsletter for parents, students and staff, includes a section called Board Highlights, which outlines matters discussed and decisions made at Regular Board Meetings. It is published once per month.
How can I register to speak?
The Board welcomes public input into policy development and issues of particular interest or concern to ratepayers. View the Board’s policy on public delegations. Individuals or groups wishing to make a presentation should submit a “Public Request To Make a Presentation” form (Admin. 29) to the Secretary of the Board at least 10 days in advance of the meeting. Presentations from the public are heard at the last meeting of the month. To register, complete and submit a form, or contact Trustee Services.
When is a meeting not held in public?
A meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter involves:
- the security of the property of the Board
- the disclosure of personal information in respect of a member of the Board, an employee, a student and/or a parent or guardian
- the acquisition or disposal of a school site
- decisions in respect of negotiations with employees of the Board
- litigation affecting the Board
- Accommodation Management
- Executive/Faith/Social and Communications
- Joint Board Consortium
- Budget/Audit Monitoring
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
- Supervised Alternative Learning for Excused Pupil
Ad Hoc Committees
- Labour Relations
- Student Suspension/Expulsion
- Policy Review
- Various Other Ad Hoc Sub Committees
- Municipal Liaison