Trustee Elizabeth Crowe elected Chair of the Board
Trustee Cathy Ferlisi elected Vice-Chair of the Board
At the December 5th Inaugural Board meeting, Elizabeth Crowe, Trustee for Aurora/King/Whitchurch-Stouffville, was elected Chair by her fellow trustees. She served as Vice-Chair of the Board for the past two years and Chair of the Board for 17 years prior to her role as Vice-Chair.
Cathy Ferlisi, Trustee for Concord/Thornhill was elected Vice-Chair.
In her address to the Board, Chair Crowe thanked trustees for their renewed trust and support. “In the next year we will face declining enrolment and a budgetary deficit. Together with our Board of Trustees, I remain committed toward our vision of implementing 21st century teaching strategies that will address the unique needs of all students so that graduates of the York Catholic District School Board become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.”
Chair Crowe further commented, “This board will have to remain focused on efficiency while striving to meet the complex needs of all students. At the same time, we will continue to face challenges in the public domain that will threaten the very existence of our Catholic system. I have no doubt that we will remain strong, as one Board, united in our vocation as Catholic School Trustees, making hard decisions when necessary in order to achieve the goals of our Multi-Year Strategic Plan.”
Cathy Ferlisi, Trustee for Vaughan’s Concord/Thornill was elected Vice-Chair of the Board, following a nomination by Trustee for Maple/Kleinburg, Teresa Ciaravella. “Our Board can be confident that Trustee Ferlisi will continue to approach all aspects of her work with integrity, inclusivity and the objective of putting students first with Jesus as our role model,” Trustee Ciaravella said.
Ferlisi has served on the Board for seven years and she looks forward to working with her fellow trustees and staff to ensure a successful year. “I am humbled and honoured to serve as Vice-Chair of the York Catholic District School Board, and to be entrusted with this responsibility,” said Trustee Ferlisi.
Appointments to Statutory and Standing Committees
- Corporate Services
- All Trustees
- Executive Committee
- E. Crowe, C. Ferlisi, M. Marchese
- Human Resources Committee
- C. Cotton, E. Crowe, M. Marchese, D. Mazzotta, T. McNicol
- Integration of Catholic Faith Committee
- T. Ciaravella, C. Ferlisi, D. Giuliani, T. McNicol, A. Stong
- Joint Board Consortium Committee
- E. Crowe, C. Cotton, T. McNicol
- Policy Review Committee
- T. Ciaravella, C. Cotton, E. Crowe, C. Ferlisi, D. Giuliani, M. Marchese, M. Mogado
- Student Success & Pathways Committee
- T. Ciaravella, C. Cotton, M. Marchese, M. Mogado, A. Stong
- Surplus Asset Review Committee
- D. Giuliani, D. Mazzotta, A. Stong
- Audit Committee
- C. Cotton, M. Marchese, M. Mogado
- Board Safe Schools Committee
- E. Crowe, D. Mazzotta, M. Mogado
Alternate Member: D. Giuliani
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- T. Ciaravella, C. Ferlisi
Alternate Member: T. McNicol
- Supervised Alternative Learning for Excused Pupils
- A. Stong
Alternate Member: E. Crowe
- York Catholic Parent Involvement Committee
- T. Ciaravella, C. Ferlisi
Alternate Member: A. Stong
A special thank you to Bishop Kirkpatrick for celebrating our Board Inaugural Mass and to the St. Robert CHS Choir and musicians, under the direction of Mr. Chan and Ms. Koon, for sharing their beautiful voices and talent with us.