The York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB) is committed to helping every student reach their full potential and recognizes that some students may need additional support. One of the ways we do this is through the Ministry of Education mandated Supervised Alternative Learning (SAL) Program.
YCDSB is currently looking for volunteers to sit on the SAL Committee which meets monthly during the school year to review proposals and makes decisions on whether or not a SAL Plan should be executed. Examples of SAL Plans include skill development; social and emotional supports; and volunteer or work placements.
- Resident of York Region and a Catholic Rate Payer
- Not currently employed by YCDSB
- Minimum two years work experience in child/youth, mental health and/or education sectors
- Ability to demonstrate tact and maintain strict confidentiality
- Superior listening skills
- Ability to understand complex mental health issues/circumstances
- Collaborative team player
- Strong problem-solving abilities
As a condition of employment, successful candidates are required to submit a satisfactory “Vulnerable Sector Screening” prior to starting work.
Pursuant to the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
320 Bloomington Road
Aurora, ON L4G 0M1
Attn: Dominic Mazzotta, Chair of the Board of Trustees