The York Catholic District School Board will hold a Regular Board Meeting on Monday, May 29, 2023 starting at 7:30 p.m. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Please read on for important information.
- There is limited seating in the Boardroom. Seats will be available on a first come, first served basis. There will be no overflow room. Those who cannot get a seat in the Boardroom can watch the meeting on the YCDSB YouTube channel on their personal device outside of the building
- Everyone who enters the Boardroom will need to sign in and produce government issued photo ID that confirms their provided information. Current YCDSB students can use their student card.
- Due to recent disruptions of YCDSB Board Meetings, there will be increased security and the police will be present to assist if needed.
- In recent Board Meetings, the Board of Trustees have heard many delegations surrounding the inclusion of 2SLGBTQIA+ students and Trustees have all the information needed to move forward.
- Information on conduct at the Board Meeting: Unfortunately, recent board meetings have seen yelling, swearing, speaking out of order, and other disruptive behaviours by members of the public.
- YCDSB’s Code of Conduct calls for respecting differences in people, ideas & opinions, and being courteous & polite. The public may attend Board Meetings but do not have the right to participate in discussion and debate, and may not address the Board of Trustees during a meeting.
- The Chair wishes to make clear that he will exercise his authority under the Education Act in response to any conduct that disrupts the Board Meeting. Removal from a meeting (or breach of our Code of Conduct) may result in charges under the Trespass to Property Act
- All attendees of the Board Meeting will be given a letter during sign-in outlining the expectations of conduct and the consequences of not living up to them. Constructive comments on the business before the Board are always welcome, and can be sent to: email@example.com