- Offered During
- 8, 9, 10
- VISA Students: $100.00
Success in secondary school courses depends largely on student’s literacy and numeracy, skills. The grade 9 Mathematics course builds upon the Grade 8 strands, while providing growth in new directions. Students in this course will cover the grade 9 strands.
- The course will be divided into 2 – 2 week sessions
- Students are encouraged to take both sessions, although the material is such that students can take Session 1 or Session 2
- The approval of the day school Principal is required before a student can register online for this program.
PLEASE NOTE: External students are required to obtain the approval of their day school Principal before they can register online for this program.
Click on the button below to download a copy of this form.
Part 1 – 2 weeks
- Integers – Adding and Subtracting
- Fractions – Finding the lowest common multiple, Improper, proper, mixed, Adding and Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing
- Number Sense – Order of operations, Ratios, percents, decimals
- Graphing – Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots
- Algebraic Modelling – Solving equations using variables
- Geometry – Classify Triangles, Classify Polygons
Part 2 – 2 weeks
- Integers – Adding and Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing
- Fractions – Adding and Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing
- Number Sense – Order of operations, Powers and Exponents, Polynomials
- Graphing- Linear Relationships
- Algebraic Modeling, Solving equations using variables
- Geometry – Area, Perimeter and Circumference, Surface area and volume
No classes are available for registration. Please check back often for the most up to date information.