The Catholic School Council is an advisory body whose mission is to enhance the education of our children in a faith-centered environment in partnership with the school, parish, community and home.
Congratulations to our new CSC and CSC Executive members. We look forward to another rewarding school year, building community and sharing experiences that support the achievement of all students in a safe and Christ centred learning environment.
- Chair: Shelley Chionglo
- Vice Chair: Ava McBlain
- Secretary: Carmela Pedone
- Treasurer: Arlene Sax
- Principal: Nicole Liberty
- Teacher Representatives: Amy Shea & Maureen Stewart
- Fred Azouz
- Natasha Bekker
- Kristina Costabile (OAPCE Rep.)
- Sarah Deir
- Regina Kulasekaran (Parish Rep.)
- Helen Milic-Nicol
- Marisa Olesen
- Helen Papadina
- Meredith Sherlock
- Lori Tatangelo
How to Become a Member
Every year we hold Parent Council elections under Regulation 612 of the Education Act. Nominations for membership of the Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic School Council will be accepted in September. If there will be more nominations than positions, the elections will take place during the day of the first CSC meeting, dates and times are outlined on forms going home to the community.
- Each parent or guardian seeking election must be nominated or self-nominated, must have a child registered at the school and must declare if he or she is employed by the school board
- The names of the successful candidates shall be made public at the first CSC meeting
Other representatives on Councils are: the Principal, 2 staff representative from the teaching staff, 1 non teaching staff rep
- If nominations received by the due date are fewer than the maximum established vacancies (15), then the nominees shall be acclaimed to the position.
- There shall be a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 15 parent representatives. This number comprises the voting members of council and from this number of Parent Council Representatives, an Executive is elected.
- The executive positions are: Chair, Vice Chair or Co-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer
- Where we have more candidates than positions, there will be an election for the CSC parent representatives by secret ballot
- Voters must be present on the election day and vote in person,
- No individual campaign literature for CSC elections may be distributed or posted in the school
- The members of the School Council provide informed advice to the school principal on matters of students learning and school improvement while maintaining a school-wide perspective on issues.