It is my pleasure and privilege to welcome you to our school’s website. I believe the information posted will be helpful in keeping you informed regarding important school information and various upcoming activities and events. We will continue to build upon our site, and hope that the information will be of value to you and your family.
We ask that parents work with us in partnership to ensure our students’ safety and growth by abiding to protocols and procedures set out by the Board and the school.
Please visit our website regularly to read about all of the wonderful events at OLA and don’t forget to follow us on twitter @OLAnnunciation.
We look forward to another great year together.
What we offer
- A Christ-centered education for students in Kindergarten to Grade 8
- High academic standards
- Caring and committed teachers
- Opportunities to develop the whole child: intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically
At Our Lady of the Annunciation, we are committed to quality learning for all in a Catholic faith centred context. We embrace moving all our students along the learning continuum in order that they are best able to reach their potential. As literacy and numeracy are the cornerstones of academic achievement, Our Lady of the Annunciation dedicates itself to providing focussed, purposeful, and cross-curricular language and math learning opportunities that support student skill development, critical thinking, and application competence.
- 9:00 a.m. – Admittance
- 10:25 – 10:40 a.m. – Recess
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch & Recess
- 12:25 – 2:40 p.m. – Recess
- 3:30 p.m. – Dismissal
Our Lady of the Annunciation Highlights
- Enriched and stimulating academic program
- Daily French Language Program
- Before and after school programs
- Fun, caring and nurturing environment
- Lunch time clubs ie. Lego, sports, speed stacking, ukulele, karate
- Music classes and Orff instrument instruction
- Specialized Phys. Ed. Teacher for Gr K-3
- Beautiful chapel used for liturgies and religion classes
- Outdoor classroom and butterfly garden
- Spacious outdoor play yards with soccer field, baseball diamond, basketball courts
- Gold certified ECO School
- Healthy Schools Certification
- 21st Century Learning—Character Development, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Communication, Collaboration, Creativity & Innovation, Citizenship, Character Development
- All of our classrooms are equipped with an Interactive White Board
- iPads, Chromebooks, Laptops, computer lab available to all students
- Interactive Library Commons
- Strong Parent Communications and Involvement
- Many opportunities for student voice and student engagement
- Strong athletic/sports involvement
- Richmond Hill Hockey Champions 2016
Home, School, Church Partnerships
The Our Lady of the Annunciation School community has built a strong and vibrant relationship with its affiliate church, Our Lady of the Annunciation RCC which is located at 97 King Road in Richmond Hill. While masses are celebrated at our school by our wonderful priest where parents are encouraged to attend, all sacraments are coordinated and officiated by the church directly and held at Our Lady of the Annunciation Parish.
The embodiment of our Catholic faith is reflected in all aspects of our school curriculum, procedures, and policies, and most especially in all facets of our home, church and school relationships. Jesus is indeed our role model and as such, we serve to encourage affirming, compassionate, and redemptive relationship building with students and strong, constructive, and dynamic partnering with staff, parents, the church, as well as the community-at-large.
How Can You Get Involved?
Glad you asked! There are many ways in which parents and/or guardians can participate in the life of Our Lady of the Annunciation Catholic School. Here are just some of the many ways you can make a contribution to Our Lady of the Annunciation:
- Our Lady of the Annunciation School Council (Our School Council meetings are a terrific way for you to get to know people and the various initiatives on the in the school!)
- Parent Volunteer
- Trip Supervisor
- Hot Lunch Helper
- Healthy Schools Committee Member
- And so many more!
Contact the office or the School Council Chair to see how you can contribute.
For a tour of the school, please call us at 905-773-5592 and make an appointment with the principal, Mrs. L. D’Andrea.