Only in cold weather conditions of –18ºC or colder will children remain indoors. Outside recess breaks are essential for children and contribute to both responsive minds and healthy physical activity. In order to ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for the weather, please consider the following:
WEAR multiple layers of light, loose-fitting clothes
WEAR outerwear that is waterproof
WEAR mittens or gloves
WEAR a warm hat with ear protection to prevent heat loss
WEAR slip-resistant, insulated footwear
WEAR a scarf or face mask while playing in cold wind
5 Helpful Tips on Inclement Weather Days:
When an Inclement Weather Day has been declared, an email will be sent to you from the school with the following information and reminders:
1. All transportation to and from school has been cancelled for today.
2. The school will be open, however due to the severe road conditions, your child may be combined with another class.
3. All hot lunches are cancelled, please ensure your child has a lunch and snacks.
4. If you are dropping your child off to school, please plan on being at school promptly for 3:40pm dismissal.
5. If your child is not attending school, please input their absence in the Safe Arrival system by calling 1-855-856-7862 or online at go.schoolmessenger.ca before the start of the school day.