Message from the Principal
On behalf of the Our Lady of Grace staff, I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and welcome everyone back.
We are also excited to welcome some new families into our school community.
I would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming generosity shown during our Socks for Soles Luke 4:18 campaign. We collected over 200 pairs of socks and over $800 for St. Vincent de Paul. Way to go OLG!
As we begin the new year, here are a few reminders about our school day: We start at 8:30 and finish at 3:00. If students arrive after the bell they are late and they are to come to the Office to sign in. The best practice is to be in the school yard by 8:25. When students arrive after 8:30 they are missing instructions for the day ahead and lessons; arriving on time is a life skill which we are trying to instill at a young age. Your support in instilling this is needed and appreciated. Please see this week’s Week In Review for further details about our school routines.
As for the parking lot, street and Kiss and Ride a couple of reminders for the safety of the students:
- If you are parked in the parking lot to pick up your child, please do not try to leave your space while cars are entering the Kiss and Ride; be patient and wait until the traffic is clear
- Students are not to walk across the parking lot to get to a parent’s vehicle so that they can advance in the passing lane
- The passing lane is not a lane for drop off and pick up; this can potentially cause a very serious and tragic accident
- Move right up on the Kiss and Ride so not to bottle up the flow of traffic – please do not stop at the curve if you are able to move up
- Vehicles are not to be stopped on Aurora Heights in front of the school and only 300m. from the YTR bus stop
Your support and attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.
Wishing you all blessings of health and happiness for 2020!