Uniforms are mandatory at Saint John Paul II Catholic School.
After consultation with the community, and much good work by the Catholic School Council and staff, the Saint John Paul II School Uniform Policy was instituted in September, 2005.
BJPII has a “standardized dress” which means that the school community has determined that students will dress in clothing of common colour and style. (Board Policy 2194A, Section 3.3).
School uniform sales are available through Sharc Sales (905-882-9840). Crests are available for purchase at the office.
We continue to encourage our students to wear their uniforms proudly. Please ensure that our school crest is sewn or attached permanently to students’ shirts and sweaters.
Saint John Paul II Uniform Expectations
- All tops (except sweatshirts/sweaters) must be white and crested
- Tops include: polo shirt (short and long sleeves), turtleneck, mock neck long sleeve top, collared shirt/blouse
- Pants/skorts/shorts are a dark navy blue
- When wearing shorts or skorts the socks or stockings should be dark blue or white
- All clothing is to be fee of visible writing, symbols, brand names, logos, or pictures
- Pants and shirts should be appropriately sized
- Blue crested sweatshirt or sweater without hoods – If wearing a sweatshirt or a sweater, a white crested top must be word underneath so that when students remove it they will still be in uniform
- Hats, scarves, bandanas, wristbands, or jackets are not permitted in class
- Track pants may be worn by kindergarten, grade one, two, and three students only
- Torn or faded clothing will be considered “our of uniform”
- Students cannot wear sandals
Navy shorts/track pants and white t-shirt with no logos/markings for Grades 4 to 8
Consequences will apply when a students is not in compliance with the policy.