The city of Vaughan is currently seeking full time and standby guards to service our crosswalk locations across the city including this vacant location at St. Agnes of Assisi – Fossil Hill and La Rocca
Below is a little information about the program:
- The City services 112 crosswalk locations which require Crossing Guards.
- As you can imagine, the safety of children is paramount, and the community is urgently feeling the impact of the vacancies noted.
- The program runs from September to June each year. Guards are required to work a 2 or 3 shifts per day (lunch hour coverage may be required at limited locations).
- Guards are paid for a minimum of 3 hours per day. The rate is $14.00 per hour.
- Shifts are generally 40 mins to one hour (1) each.
- Those travelling farther than 5km receive a flat rate of $6.00 per day for travel.
- Full training on proper procedure and health and safety matters, as well as proper attire and equipment are provided for all Crossing Guards.
- Anyone wishing to apply should be able to speak some English, have sound judgment in dealing with traffic and be in general good health, as standing and walking for a longer period of time is a major requirement of the position.
- For anyone wishing to inquire about employment, please contact myself Katie Elias at 905-835-8577 Ext. 6118 or Brenda Bisceglia at 905-832-8577 Ext. 6144.