The safety of our children is of paramount importance at St. Emily School. It
is important that our parents/guardians/caregivers respect the traffic and parking rules, especially in and around our school property.
We are taking preventative measures and working with the City Of Vaughan and York Region Police toward pedestrian safety. We are asking the school
community to be mindful of where you park.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING:
DO NOT USE THE SCHOOL FRONT DRIVEWAY between 8:00-9:00 a.m. or
3:00-4:00 p.m. as it is reserved for buses, emergency vehicles and office staff.
THE FRONT DRIVEWAY FROM THE VELLORE WOODS ENTRANCE TO THE
COMDEL BLVD. EXIT IS DEEMED A FIRE EXIT. Please share this information with your caregivers as they do not have access to school communication.
YOU WILL BE ISSUED A FINE FROM THE CITY OF VAUGHAN.
Please use available parking spots in and around the school and park your car.
Many community members use the crosswalk directly in front of the school doors and often times we have drivers speeding across.
KISS AND RIDE
● Follow the street parking by-laws, obey crossing guard and speed limits
● Drive with extreme caution, children have the right of way
● Walk to school with your children or have your child walk to school with a group of children
● Students should use the paved walkways when walking to the schoolyard
● The Kiss and Ride is ONE WAY ONLY
● If the Kiss and Ride area is full, drive around the block and re-approach. Do not make illegal U-turns in the school driveway, neighbouring driveways or at the intersections.
● Have your child(ren) enter and exit the vehicle from the curb side of the
street (right, passenger side of the vehicle only)
● Students should have their backpack on their lap to enable them to exit the vehiclequickly
● NEVER leave your car parked or unattended
● Once you have picked up or dropped off your child, leave promptly
● When exiting the Kiss and Ride, be MINDFUL to treat the exit like a 4 way stop.
Please come to a complete stop and yield to pedestrians and abide to regular traffic rules.