The Catholic School Council is hosting a FREE Halloween Dance with a DJ and decorations! Our Grade 8 students will be selling snacks that will go towards their Grad Trip and Graduation Celebration.
9:15 – 9:45 am: Grade 1
9:45 – 10:20 am: Grades 2 & 3
10:50 – 12:00 pm: Grades 4 & 5
1:00 – 2:00 pm: Grades 6 & 7
2:00 – 3:00 pm: Grade 8
Halloween Dance: On October 31 the Catholic School Council is hosting a Halloween Dance for the students which will be free of charge thanks to the funds raised! If you are interested in volunteering on the evening of October 30 to decorate or October 31 to supervise, please contact Amy Brubacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halloween Costumes: As we approach Hallowe’en and our children are planning their costumes we would like to offer caution and consideration.
- Culture is NOT Costume: Refrain from using costumes that represent a cultural group or ethnicity.
- Masks are Discouraged: Wearing masks during the school day can compromise the safety of the community.
- Fear and Evil: Be aware that Ghoulish costumes can terrify younger students, students with special needs, or students with phobias.
- Be Trauma Sensitive: Please remember there may be members of our community who have traumas that can be triggered by certain costumes. (Blood, Hanging, etc)
- Be Aware of Costume Appropriateness: Costumes should be appropriate to the moral tone of our Catholic Schools.Click on the following Google link to access articles that present the celebration of Hallowe’en from a Catholic perspective: https://goo.gl/eLR7NN