The lunch hour is an important part of student success and wellbeing. Students have the opportunity to interact with peers, spend time outdoors in nature and engage in physical activity. All of these elements contribute to increased focus and decreased stress levels.
We do not encourage students leaving school property to go out for lunch, especially unaccompanied by an adult. However, in the event that your child will be going out during the lunch hour without supervision, the following protocol must be followed:
- You must print off the lunch form created by the school
- This form must be signed by parent(s)/guardian(s)
- No substitute forms, emails or phone calls will be accepted
- The student must show the form to their teacher and obtain his/her signature
- The student then brings the form to the office and leaves it in the designated basket
- Upon return to school, the student must pick up the form again on the way back to class
To ensure the safety of the students during school hours, we will not allow students to leave school property without an adult if these steps have not been taken.
Thank you for your continued support.