The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) came into effect on June 13, 2005. It applies to public, broader public and private sector organizations. The purpose of the AODA is to develop, implement and enforce accessibility standards for Ontarians with disabilities with respect to customer service, the built environment, employment, information and communication, and transportation services.
The AODA requires both public and private sector organizations to develop multi-year accessibility plans to identify, prevent and remove barriers. To comply with this requirement, the York Catholic District School Board has convened an Integrated Accessibility Standards (IAS) Committee composed of representatives from the Board of Trustees, Senior Administration, all departments within the Board, YCPIC, SEAC, Principal/Vice Principal Associations, OECTA, and CUPE.
The Integrated Accessibility Standards Committee has developed a Multi-Year Accessibility Plan in accordance with the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation under the AODA.
The objective of the Multi-Year Accessibility Plan is to ensure that the Board meets the accessibility planning and implementation requirements of the AODA that focuses on the identification, removal and prevention of barriers to people with disabilities.
For more information, please contact Mary Battista, Interim Director of Education.
In compliance with Ontario Regulation 191/11, s. 12(3), Integrated Accessibility Standards, the York Catholic District School Board offers accessible formats and communication supports upon request. Simply send us your request/feedback via the link below.
Policies & Procedures
- Policy 601: Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
- Procedure Policy 601: Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
- Policy 415: Accessibility Standards for Employment
- Policy 609: Accessibility Standards for Information and Communication
- Policy 208: Student Disability Accommodation
- Procedure Policy 208: Student Disability Accommodation
- Policy 208: Student Disability Accommodation, Parent/Guardian and Student Guide Brochure
- Policy 203: Student Transportation Services
- Policy 708: Outdoor Activity Equipment
- Procedure Policy 708: Outdoor Activity Equipment