The York Catholic District School Board’s Multi-Year Strategic Plan (MYSP) was created with the support of our community. It will guide our Board from 2023-2028 by defining our Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Commitments. This strategic plan sets priorities that will ensure the YCDSB remains one of the top-performing school boards in Ontario.
With Jesus Christ as our model, we provide all students with a Catholic education rooted in equity, well-being and learning.
A recognized leader in Catholic education committed to inclusion, excellence and innovation that develops socially responsible global citizens.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Fiscal Responsibility
Nurture faith formation and relationships with Christ.
- Foster a culture that respects and honours the human dignity of all persons that is inspired by our relationship with Christ.
- Embed and prioritize the Ontario Catholic School Graduate expectations into all curriculum areas.
- Cultivate school environments focused on spiritual growth to support Catholic faith formation and deeper faith knowledge.
Equity and Inclusion
Build and sustain an equitable, inclusive and accessible learning and working environment.
- Recognize, value, integrate and celebrate the dignity and diversity of all students, staff, and Catholic school communities.
- Identify and eliminate barriers to equity of access, opportunity and outcomes for all, as we acknowledge that we are all created in the image of God.
- Actively promote, support and expect excellence for all students to achieve their God-given potential.
Enrich and improve student learning so that excellence in achievement and engagement is possible for all.
- Embed culturally responsive and relevant pedagogy (CRRP) for the improvement of literacy and numeracy skills and to promote evidence-based instructional practices.
- Align program initiatives with the global competencies and future trends in education and the workforce.
- Offer inclusive and specialized programs that address and engage all student learner profiles.
Promote and nurture the social-emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being of all members of the YCDSB.
- Provide equitable access to evidence-based culturally-responsive services and resources for all.
- Support ongoing individualized accommodations that support staff to perceive that their working conditions and environments are healthy, safe and inclusive.
- Foster a culture of ongoing professional development to increase mental health literacy and enhance staff efficacy to improve employee engagement and support student well-being.