The Pathways pillar is about enabling students to make successful transitions from grade to grade and to life after high school. As Catholic learning communities, our schools are at their best when they help students discover and develop their God-given gifts and their sense of vocation.
The Pathways Pillar is meant to help students:
- acquire and develop transferrable, life-long skills;
- apply knowledge of their personal interests, strengths, abilities, and accomplishments to education and career/life planning;
- develop 21st Century competencies that will enable the to pursue their own personal pathways, i.e. apprenticeship, college, community living, university or the workplace.
- make informed decisions about the options they will encounter in the course of their schooling, especially those they will make as they transition from Grade 8 to Grade 9 and as they prepare to leave school; and,
- fully live the Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectations
With an effective Education and Career/Life Planning program, our graduates leave the YCDSB as happy, healthy, competent and capable young adults who find a match between their strengths, their God-given talents, and the opportunities that await them after high school.
For further information on Pathways programs please contact your guidance department.
Connect with us: on Twitter @pathwaysYCDSB.