Come Join Our Team!
York Catholic District School Board is proud to consistently be ranked one of the top performing school Boards in Ontario. We welcome individuals to apply to the diverse range of employment opportunities the Board has to offer. A current list of available opportunities can be viewed below.
YCDSB Commitment to Equity and Accessibility
- YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of diversity and employment equity and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve.
- We are proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we’re always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We are committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, and ethnic visible minorities.
- The Board is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive workplace. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
YCDSB is always seeking Occasional Positions
Candidates for the Roster currently being recruited must have the following qualifications:
- Elementary: Music, Core French, French Immersion, Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Secondary: Math, Computer Science and Physics
Please note the following requirements:
- Resume and Cover Letter (current) – note that this can be updated at any time.
- Pastoral reference (current) – a Pastoral Reference confirming that you are a practicing Roman Catholic (completed Priest Reference Form or written letter from your Parish Priest). Must be issued within the past 12 months.
- Practice Teaching Reports and/or Teacher Evaluations – a minimum of two (2) are required to be uploaded.
- Letter of reference (current) – minimum of two (2) should be provided. At least one reference should be academic related and from someone who has supervised and/or observed your teaching practice. For example, references may be from a Principal/Vice Principal, Faculty Advisor, Host/Mentor Teacher.
- Religious Education Pre-Service – Certificate of completion of this course at your Faculty of Education (where offered).
Supply Educational Assistant
The primary function of the job is to provide assistance to student’s needs. Please note the following requirements:
- Apply your knowledge and experience in working with children, and young adults who have exceptionalities to assist in the delivery of special education programs at all grade levels.
- You must possess a certificate or diploma in a child/youth related program, sound knowledge of behavioural intervention strategies and experience working with a variety of exceptionalities
- This position requires the ability and flexibility to work on an on-call basis throughout York Region for a minimum of three (3) days per week
- Please attach a copy of your qualifications to your application
The Supply Secretary will provide secretarial and clerical support necessary for the efficient operation of the offices in the absence of the permanent Secretary. Please note the following requirements of the position:
- Prior secretarial experience
- Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Commitment to providing a friendly, supportive environment
Occasional Designated Early Childhood Educator
The primary function of the job is to collaborate with the teacher(s) to support enhanced learning in accordance with the Education Act. Please note the following requirements:
- Registration in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum 1-year experience working as an Early Childhood Educator.
- Permanent DECE positions are filled internally first, then by supply employees before considering external candidates. If you are interested in a supply DECE position as well as a permanent position, please indicate this in your cover letter. Interviews for supply DECEs and the preliminary Board interview for future hires will be conducted throughout the school year.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Services Unit Coordinator, the custodian will maintain a clean, safe, healthy, and efficient operation within a designated school as scheduled by the Head Custodian and/or Lead Hand. Please note the following requirements:
- Past cleaning experience
- Physically able to perform all duties
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to travel to any Board locations throughout York Region
How to Apply
Jobs Currently Available
Teachers, Principals & Superintendents
|Title||Location||Posted Date||Closing Date|
|French as a Second Language Teacher||Multiple locations||Jun 17,2022||Ongoing|
|Occasional Teacher||Multiple locations||Jun 17,2022||Ongoing|
|Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing||Multiple locations||Jun 17,2022||Ongoing|
|French Immersion Teacher||Multiple locations||Jun 17,2022||Ongoing|
|Music Teacher||Multiple locations||Jun 11,2022||Ongoing|
Management & Professional
|Title||Location||Posted Date||Closing Date|
|Programmer Analyst - Permanent Position||Multiple locations||Jul 04,2022||2022-07-22 17:00 EST/EDT|
|Psychologist/Psychological Associate - Permanent and Temporary Positions||Multiple locations||Jul 02,2022||Ongoing|
|Policy Advisor to the Associate Director of Education||Multiple locations||Jun 28,2022||2022-07-13 23:30 EST/EDT|
|Maintenance Controller - Permanent Position||Multiple locations||Jun 23,2022||2022-07-07 17:00 EST/EDT|