Who we are
We are a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals that contribute to continuous improvement of student achievement and wellness of York Catholic District School Board. Our goal is to provide exceptional quality services and guidance by being responsive, knowledgeable and sensitive to the diverse needs of our employees and each employee group.
What we do
Deliver outstanding Human Resources solutions in the following specialty areas;
- Compensation and Human Resources Information Systems
- Employee/Labour Relations
- Health and Safety Services/attendance Support/Disability Management/WSIB
- Recruitment and Staffing
- Training/Development and Privacy/Freedom of Information
Supports the human resource needs of the academic workforce providing services including, but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, staff allocation, collective agreement administration and support.
- Permanent Teachers
- Long Term Occasional Teachers
- Occasional Teacher
- Student Teachers Placement
Compensation and HRIS Services
Provide effective and efficient administration of the Board’s HR Information Systems, ensuring data integrity, maintaining quality and consistency of HRIS database information.
- Human Resources Systems, SAP, SmartFindExpress, Apply to Education, Parklane, TCH25
- Salary Grids and Compensation Structures
- HR Process Improvement and Automation
- Salary Surveys
Provides employee relations services that strive to foster mutual respect and collaboration amongst all Board teaching staff, employees’ unions and associations.
Health and Safety Services
Provides services and supports related to the promotion and maintenance of a healthy and safe work environment. This includes the administration of disability support, wellness, WSIB and employee health and safety.
- Attendance Support
- Disability Support
- Health & Safety
- Employee Wellness
- Reportable Communicable Diseases
Support Board initiatives and programs in relation to employee training and development as well as support programs and practices which facilitate compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Employee Training
- Privacy Matters
- Freedom of Information Requests
- Supports the human resource needs of the non-academic workforce and education workers providing services including, but not limited to, recruitment, onboarding, staff allocation, collective agreement administration as well as employee relations and grievances.
- Catholic Education Centre Staff
- School Based Staff that include (Early Childhood Educators, Educational Assistants, Educational Itinerants, Library Technicians, Secretaries, Specialist Educational Workers, Student Support Worker, Extended Day International Language Instructors, Custodian and Maintenance Workers)
- Student Services Staff that include (ABA Specialist, Attendance Counselor, Behavior Resource Worker, OT/PT/ SLP, Mental Health Worker, Psychological Associate, Psychologist, Orientation/Mobility Instructor, Communication Disorder Assistant, Electronic Resource Technician,
- Adult ESL Instructors