The SHSM is a Ministry-approved program that meets the needs of students who want to pursue Apprenticeship, College, University student, or employment within a specific sector. In their last two years of high school, students must complete the following components:
- Select courses from an approved bundle
- Participate in a two-credit coop program
- Complete a Connected Learning Activity (CLA) that connects courses to the sector
- Earn 6-8 industry recognized certifications
- Engage in experiential learning activities
- Take part in a reach-ahead activity to see the destination that awaits them
SHSM Program Distribution
Arts & Culture
Aviation and Aerospace
Health & Wellness
Hospitality & Tourism
Information and Communications Technology
Justice,Community Safety & Emergency Services
For further information on Pathways programs please contact your guidance department.
Connect with us: on Twitter @pathwaysYCDSB.