Dual Credit Courses assist secondary students in the completion of their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and help them make successful transitions to college and apprenticeship programs. They provide students with an opportunity to enroll in a college course while they are still working towards their high school diploma.
These programs are called “dual credit” because high school students can take one college course and earn a credit that is recognized by two institutions – the college recognizes the course and counts it towards a certificate, diploma or degree and the student’s high school recognizes the credit and counts it as an optional (elective) credit towards his/her diploma. In cases where the dual credit course is tied to an apprenticeship program delivered at the college, successful completion counts towards the student’s apprenticeship certification (e.g., Level 1).
- Select the college dual credit(s) of your choice
- Fill out the YCDSB Dual Credit Application Form for your selected college
- Centennial College Winter 2020 Dual Credit Registration
- Humber College Winter 2020 Dual Credit Registration
- Seneca College – Markham/King Campus Winter 2020 Dual Credit Registration
- Seneca College – Newnham Campus Winter 2020 Dual Credit Registration
- Seneca College – York Campus Winter 2020 Dual Credit Registration
Note: Please apply early as seats are limited. If all seats are filled you will be placed on a waiting list. Courses are subject to cancellation based on enrolment.