The PARC is a component of the “standard” Pupil Accommodation Review process. It is an advisory committee, established by the Board that represents the affected school(s) of a Pupil Accommodation Review. The PARC provides feedback to the School Board on proposed accommodation options for a school or group of schools in a particular area and the impact on the local school community.
The PARC acts as a channel for sharing information between the School Board and the affected school communities under review. The PARC holds a number of working meetings to discuss Board Administration’s Initial Report (Report 1), the proposed accommodation options and to provide input and consultation feedback.
PARC members will hold an orientation meeting and at least one working meeting, prior to the first public meeting, to review the Initial Staff Report (Report 1), discuss the pupil accommodation review and gather feedback from the affected school communities. Committee members may decide to hold additional working meetings.
How is membership on the PARC determined?
As per the Board’s Pupil Accommodation Review of Schools Policy #713, membership of the PARC will include:
- A Chair (appointed by the Director of Education)
- At least one parent/guardian representative from each of the schools under review chosen by their community
- Other persons as appointed by the Director of Education (i.e. Board Senior Administration, members of the broader community)
Members of the South Woodbridge East PARC
- S. Wright – CSC Rep
- M. Marcello – Parent at Large Rep
St. Francis of Assisi
- M. Verrilli – CSC Rep
- J. Fiorini – Parent at Large Rep (CSC)
St. Gabriel the Archangel
- T. Alati – CSC Rep
- F. Ho – Parent at Large Rep
St. John Bosco
- A. Da Silva – CSC Rep
- M. Spedaliere – Parent at Large Rep
Minutes will be posted following each working meeting.