The York Catholic District School Board’s 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan was developed with a focus on meeting students’ academic, mental health and well-being needs while ensuring a safe re-entry in September and throughout the school year. Staff worked closely with the Ministry of Education (MOE) and York Region Public Health (YRPH) to create the plan based on the directives given by the MOE, and recommendations from the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health.
This page contains helpful information, parent resources, parent letters, guidance documents, answers to frequently asked questions about our 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan and more.
For the latest updates, please visit this page regularly and/or follow us on Twitter @YCDSB.
YCDSB’s School Re-entry Plan
Please view the YCDSB’s School Re-entry Plan.
Please keep in mind that this is a living document. If we receive additional direction from the MOE and/or YRPH, we will update the plan accordingly and will communicate any updates with all stakeholders including parents, students and staff.
Please view the YCDSB School Re-entry Plan FAQs (frequently asked questions).
If you have a question about the YCDSB 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan you can submit it here. Questions will be compiled and added to the FAQ document.
Government of Ontario Resources
- Cold Weather Tips for Schools
- COVID-19 Guidance: School Outbreak Management
- Government of Ontario Approach to Reopening School
- Operational Guidance: COVID-19 Management in Schools
- The Government of Ontario has created a COVID-19 school screening tool to help families, students and staff determine whether to go to school.
- Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Reference Document for Symptoms
- COVID-19 Screening tool for students and children in school and child care (printable)
- COVID-19 Screening tool for employees and essential visitors in schools and child care settings