The Ministry of Education has released its guidance document outlining what will happen if there is a COVID-19 outbreak in a school – Operational guidance: COVID-19 management in schools. The York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB) 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan is currently being updated to reflect this new guidance.
The YCDSB 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan was developed was developed with a focus on meeting students’ academic, mental health and wellbeing needs while ensuring a safe re-entry for all in September.
Staff worked closely with the Ministry of Education (MOE) and York Region Public Health (YRPH) to create the plan based on directives given by the MOE, and recommendations from the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Here is a copy of the plan which was presented at the Special Board Meeting on Thursday, August 20.
Please keep in mind that this is a living document. If we receive additional direction from the MOE and/or YRPH, we will update the plan accordingly and will communicate any updates with all stakeholders including parents, students, and staff.
The Special Board Meeting was broadcast via the YCDSB YouTube channel and a video of the meeting can be watched here.
Please view the YCDSB School Re-entry Plan FAQs (frequently asked questions).
If you have a question about the YCDSB 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan you can submit it here. Questions will be compiled and added to the FAQ document.
York Region Public Health
- Poster: You can help stop the spread of COVID-19
- Poster: Kids – How to put on and take off face mask
- Poster: Masks protect you and me
- Poster: Hooray for handwashing
- Poster: Don’t Get Germs: Wash Your Hands
- Poster: When to wash your hands
- Poster: Kids How to Hand Sanitize
- Poster: Common COVID-19 Symptoms
- Poster: Cover your cough or sneeze
- Poster: Physical Distancing Means
In order to help parents prepare their children for the new COVID-19 related routines they will experience when returning to school in September, here is an advance copy of some of the resources that will be used in our schools.
- Back to school for parents video
- Mental Health Toolkit for Parents
- Preparing Your Child to Ride the Bus
- York Region Public Health Self-assessment Checklist
- Back to School During COVID-19
- A guide to Google Classroom for Students & Parents/Guardians
- Guide to D2L Brightspace for Students & Parents/Guardians