Statement of Compliance
The York Catholic District School Board is committed to reflect the principles of equity and inclusive education, consistent with our Catholic social teachings that value and promotes human rights and social justice, in all Board policies, programs, guidelines, operations, practices and Board improvement plans.
Policy & Procedure Definitions
A policy is a position approved and adopted by the Board that provides the framework for the development of a course of action. It is a commitment by which the Board is held accountable to the public.
Most policies are written in two sections:
Section A – This section includes
- the purpose for the policy,
- the objective,
- the parameters of the policy,
- the key responsibilities for those with accountability to implement the policy,
- conclusion banner,
- appendices, and
- cross references.
Section B – This section includes the guidelines that outline the recommended actions, approved and adopted by the Board, that will be taken in a given situation. Not all policies require a guideline component.
Departments responsible for implementing policy may also have department specific procedures.
- A procedure provides a specific or prescribed course of action, emanating from Board policy, that is standard operational practice and must be taken by staff in a given situation.
- A standard operational practice or set of practices developed by Staff, approved by the Director of Education, to support the implementation of a policy.
The York Catholic District School Board website lists Board policies in numerical order (see guide below) for easy access. The same policy may be found under one or more different names or titles within a search in order to assist those browsing the web-site.
|Policy Number||Policy Section|