Subject to the provisions of the Education Act, all persons having the right of attendance shall be admitted to York Region Catholic elementary schools. Please review Admissions Policy 226A for detailed information.
Standard Admission Criteria
The parent/guardian must provide the following documents for each child to be considered for admission:
- A Baptismal certificate from a Roman Catholic Church or a Catholic Church in Communion with the Holy See of Rome (child or parent)
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Status in Canada
- Proof of Residency (2 documents)
- Proof of English Separate School Support, ie. property tax bill or MPAC Property Assessment Notice or completed and signed school support forms(s) included in the registration package
Registrations that do not meet the standard admission criteria may be admitted under certain exemptions with prior approval. Please contact the Admissions Office for further information.
Process for families who may desire a part-time placement for their kindergarten child
- Parents are asked to register at their home school.
- We are pleased to work with each family on an individual basis to find the best way to meet their child’s needs. Parents are welcome to share their situation with the school principal and/or their school superintendent to discuss options such as:
- A child attending the kindergarten program as a part-time student.
- A child attending the kindergarten program part-time in the fall, and later in the year when the child is older, attend full- time.