To enroll in an eLearning course, students must first be enrolled in a YCDSB high school. Students must make an appointment with their Guidance Counsellor. In consultation with the Guidance Counsellor, the following will be considered:
- whether the course is offered (and space is available) at the student’s home school;
- whether the course is a graduation requirement for the student; and/or,
- special circumstances (e.g., illness, the degree to which traditional classroom environments present challenges)
Other considerations include:
- the degree to which the student possess the traits (or habits) of many successful e-learners;
- the presence of timetable conflicts; and/or,
- the student’s grade.