To enroll in an eLearning course, students must first be enrolled in a YCDSB high school. Students must make an appointment with their Guidance Counsellor. In consultation with the Guidance Counsellor, the following will be considered:
- whether the course is offered (and space is available) at the student’s home school;
- whether the course is a graduation requirement for the student; and/or,
- special circumstances (e.g., illness, the degree to which traditional classroom environments present challenges)
Other considerations include:
- the degree to which the student possesses the traits (or habits) of many successful e-learners;
- the presence of timetable conflicts; and/or,
- the student’s grade.
eLearning courses are predominantly geared towards students in grades 11 and 12, where there is more choice in electives. Students in grade 10 who demonstrate excellent Learning Skills as documented on their report cards, may also be considered candidates for eLearning courses. Currently, eLearning courses are not suggested nor readily available for students in grade 9.