This program is only available to YCDSB students or out-of-board students registering through an Ontario eLearning Consortium member board.
To enroll in a eLearning course, students can do either of the following:
- YCDSB students can select an eLearning course on the myBlueprint platform during course selection;
- All students can make an appointment with their Guidance Counsellor to register
In both scenarios, the following will be considered in finalizing a student’s timetable:
- whether the course is offered (and space is available) at the student’s home school;
- whether the course is a graduation requirement for the student; and/or,
- special circumstances (e.g., illness, the degree to which traditional classroom environments present challenges)
Other considerations in registering for an eLearning class include:
- the degree to which the student possesses the traits (or habits) of many successful e-learners;
- the presence of timetable conflicts; and/or,
- the student’s grade.
eLearning courses are predominantly geared towards students in grades 11 and 12, where there is more choice in electives. Students in grade 10 who demonstrate excellent Learning Skills as documented on their report cards, may also be considered candidates for eLearning courses. Currently, eLearning courses are not suggested for students in grade 9.
How will I know if I'm enrolled in an eLearning course?
When do eLearning classes begin?