In traditional face-to-face classes, you might know what you have to do to succeed … but online? Are the rules different? Is more or less expected of you?
Following are some “tips” that you can follow to be successful in your eLearning course.
- Attend an orientation session and complete the orientation course before you start your eLearning course.
- Studies have demonstrated a relationship between participation in an orientation session / course and successful completion of an eLearning course.
- Log into the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) frequently in the first week and then commit to logging regularly for the rest of the course.
- If you are absent due to illness, notify your teacher.
- If you do not login for a period of 3 consecutive days, an “absent due to non-communication” will be recorded.
- If you know you won’t be logging-in for 5 (or more) consecutive days, you must inform your teacher and, in advance, secure permission from your home school principal.
- Ask for help if and when you need it
- For academic support, ask your teacher
- For technical support, call the D2L Helpdesk at 1-800-222-0209
- Know your course deadlines from the start and stick to them – do not fall behind.
- Devote enough time to completing your work.
- Be honest and do your own “personal best work”.