- Semester 2
- Science, Grade 10, Academic or Applied
- Credit Value
This course enables students to develop an understanding of chemistry through the study of matter and qualitative analysis, organic chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical calculations, and chemistry as it relates to the quality of the environment. Students will develop skills in data collection and scientific analysis, and communicate scientific information using appropriate terminology. Emphasis will be placed on the role of chemistry in daily life and the effects of technological applications and processes on society and the environment.
SCH4C is based on Chemistry, The Ontario Curriculum, Chemistry, Grade 12, Ministry of Education, 2008. It is comprised of five units, each of which has from 6-9 activities.
- Unit 1: Matter and Qualitative Analysis
- Unit 2: Chemical Calculations
- Unit 3: Chemistry in the Environment
- Unit 4: Organic Chemistry
- Unit 5: Chemistry in the Environment
- Final Exam: Summative Evaluation 20%
- Performance Tasks 5%