York Catholic District School Board’s Guidance and Career Education strives to provide parents, students and teachers with links to important information on academic, career and interpersonal development. Use these valuable resources to plan for present and future education. In addition, contact your school for specific information and assistance with educational planning.
The following links provide information on academic planning, improving academic performance, and general academic educational information.
- YCDSB Homework Helper, offered through our Continuing Education program, is available for all students from grades 7 -12.
- Explore course offerings at your school and make a secondary plan by logging into myBlueprint.
- Make a guidance appointment to explore several other supports for navigating school courses.
- Explore York Catholic District School Board Adult & Continuing Education information for summer school and night school offerings.
Post Secondary Resources
- Apprenticesearch.com – explore apprenticeship and the trades
- Black Foundation of Community Networks (BFCN) Scholarship Directory – a scholarship directory for students who are pursuing post-secondary undergraduate education in Canada.
- CanLearn – this federal government site provides information on post secondary study
- EduPass – provides information on the documentation required for study in the U.S.
- NCAA – provides information for student athletes looking for athletic scholarships
- Ontario College Application Services – applicants for college must use this site
- Ontario Colleges– links to Ontario college programs and application procedures.
- Ontario Student Assistance Plan (OSAP) – provides government financial assistance
- Ontario Universities Info – provides program information, including secondary prerequisites, for all Ontario universities.
- Ontario University Application Centre – applicants for university must use this site
- SAT’s – apply online to write the SATs required for study in the U.S.
- Scholarships Canada – provides information on scholarship availability
- Universities Canada – learn about Canadian post secondary schools
- World Wide Classroom – provides links to schools around the world
The following links will provide information on personal career planning, developing educational pathways and general career information.
- myBlueprint – provides career and post-secondary information.
- Make a guidance appointment to explore several other supports for navigating career options.
- The Grade 10 Career Studies course is designed to equip students with pathways literacy, including support for mental health and wellbeing, resilience, decision making, school courses, post-secondary options, financial literacy, and career discernment.
- Employment Ontario – assists in applying for a job or career
- Experiential Learning, Ontario – outlines secondary school work experience opportunities
- Job Bank – job search site from the Canadian federal government
- neuvoo – Neuvoo has over 300,000 jobs in Canada including numerous intern and co-op positions
- Work in York – a local career hub available through the Workforce Planning Board of York Region.
- YCDSB Experiential Learning
- YCDSB Cooperative Education– our board’s information on cooperative education
- OYAP – our board’s information on the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Apprenticeship – information on apprenticeship opportunities
The following links will provide information on counselling and community services, personal and family support, and accessing emergency support.
- Catholic Community Services – provides information on social services offered
- Kinark – dedicated to helping families make it through difficult times
- Settlement Support – provides information for new community members
- York Region Police – get police information through this site
- York Region Children’s Aid Society – provides services for the protection of children
- Kids Help Phone – provides a person to speak to when in need
- 310-COPE – provides for immediate crisis support 24 hours a day
- Telehealth Ontario – free access to a registered nurse 24 hours a day
- Canadian Mental Health Association – provides information on mental health issues