What is SEAC?
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) is a group that provides important advice on
special education to the York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB). It is comprised of representatives from the Board of Trustees, local agencies and associations that further the well-being of exceptional students in the YCDSB. SEAC makes recommendations on matters affecting the establishment, development and delivery of special education programs and services for exceptional students.
How can SEAC help you, your child and your family?
SEAC members are available as a resource for students with exceptional needs, parents/guardians of such students, schools, educators, trustees and the community. Many members are parents themselves of students with exceptional needs and are aware of the educational needs and abilities such students may experience.
What Agencies and Associations are represented on SEAC?
- Autism Ontario
- Community Living: Newmarket / Aurora & York South Districts
- Down Syndrome Association of York Region
- Early Intervention Services, York Region
- Easter Seals Ontario
- Kinark Child and Family Services
- Learning Disabilities Association York Region
- The York Center for Children Youth and Families
- York Support Services Network
When does SEAC Meet?
SEAC holds regular monthly meetings at the Catholic Education Center office at 320 Bloomington Road West in Aurora which are open to the public. We invite all parents and interested members of the public to attend these meetings.
- SEAC Information Flyer
- Special Education Advisory Committee Brochure [PDF]
- Education Act, Ontario Regulation 464/97 Special Education Advisory Committees
- Minister’s Advisory Council on Special Education (MASE)
Questions? Looking for more information?
Contact us via email at SEACinfo@ycdsb.ca.